Project duration: 48 months from january 2021
Fostering the Urban food System transformation through Innovative Living Labs Implementation!
Fusilli's main goal is to build an urban food plan to achieve a holistic integrated and safe transition to healthy, sustainable, inclusive, equitable and cost-effective food systems through replicable innovative urban policies that lead to the implementation of improvement actions at all stages of the food value chain in line with the four FOOD 2030 policy priorities (Nutrition for Sustainable and Healthy Diets; Climate Smart and Environmentally Sustainable Food Systems; Circulation and Resource Efficient Food Systems; and Innovation and Community Empowerment).
To achieve this goal, FUSILLI will network 12 European cities to address the challenges of food system transformation: San Sebastian (Spain), Nilufer-Bursa (Turkey), Oslo (Norway), Kolding (Denmark), Turin (Italy), Castelo Branco (Portugal), Differdange (Luxembourg), Rijeka (Croatia), Kharkiv (Ukraine), Tampere (Finland), Athens (Greece) and Rome (Italy). These cities will integrate food as part of their urban-rural agenda and identify and create opportunities to transform food systems into sustainable, healthy and inclusive ones. In this way, cities will be empowered to implement innovative and customized policies and actions, putting citizens at the center of the process.
The Food Innovation Living Lab of Turin
The City of Turin is responsible, together with its third parties (UNITO, UNISG, ORTI GENERALI) and in collaboration with the Fondazione Comunità Mirafiori, for the realization of the "Food Innovation Living Lab" which will include:
- Experimental initiatives of environmental sustainability, support to economic development, awareness of nutrition and health, participation of citizens in the culture of food, to be scaled up throughout the city starting from Mirafiori in accordance with the strategy "Torino City of Food".
- Drafting and publication of the "Annual Food Balance Sheet" of the "Food Atlas"
- Creation of a "Food Council", understood as a multi-sector coordination arena capable of promoting a global food system of quality, and promoting concrete actions of regulation, communication or experimentation.
- Activation of awareness-raising campaigns involving local key players such as "Slow Food" and "Coldiretti".
- Food Lab: support experimentation with circular business models for the production/processing of food for local commerce, including bars, restaurants, local associations that manage collective catering functions and local markets.
- Food Hub: experimentation of a widespread hub for the collection and redistribution of unsold food.
- Food Policy Training: the Turin living lab will focus on training and dissemination activities, in order to trigger a process of awareness around food among operators and citizens.
- Food Tech Testing: experimentation activities will be promoted, also in collaboration with companies according to the Torino City Lab model, of innovative cultivation techniques and Tech for Food.
Fondazione della Comunità di Mirafiori
City of Turin
University of Turin
University of Gastronomic Sciences
/ Website: fusilli-project.eu/